Beta 14 is out! Download it here.
This is a huge bugfix release that touches every part of ThinkUp -- usability, security, performance, and documentation. And with four open issues left in the tracker, the 1.0 release is closer than ever. (If you can help, now's a great time to get involved!)
Here are some of the highlights in this release:
- Better exploration of your information with full page-by-page listings of all data and a simpler, cleaner view of tweets throughout ThinkUp
- Faster crawling with new database optimizations
- Hardened security making sure malicious code from outside sources will never appear in ThinkUp
- Way better docs, adding over 3,000 words to the application documentation
- Smarter timezone handling, including autodetection of your timezone during installation
- Improved Instagr.am support
- Many more bugfixes and improvements
- Added missing pagination from user and post listings
- Added ability to reset your RSS feed URL's API key without having to change your ThinkUp password
- Added realtime plugin support throughout core app (though not packaging Twitter Realtime with user distribution yet)
- Added ability to deal with Twitter username changes gracefully
- Fixed: CSRF bug which prevented users from deleting Facebook accounts
- Fixed: "No default value" MySQL errors on certain Windows-based server configurations
- Fixed: "No plugin object defined for: pluginname" exception. ThinkUp now automatically deactivates non-existent plugins if they're marked as active in the data store
- Fixed: Persistent "Updated 15 hours ago" timezone bug
- Fixed: doesOwnerHaveAccess() error when you click on a Facebook user name from a reply list
- Security hardening: Added filter for cross-site scripting code in all data coming from external sources
- Improved usability in installation timezone dropdown by adding client TZ auto-detection
- Improved Instagr.am image embedding
- Improved ExpandURLs process to avoid endless loop-checking malformed links
- Improved GeoEncoder plugin settings area usability and documentation
- Cleaned up and standardized post presentation across views
- Optimized/sped up crawler SQL query for saving instance data
- Converted all publish dates to UTC
- Removed Standalone mentions data listing
- Removed "Hello ThinkUp" developer example plugin from user distribution
- Added ~3,000 words of application documentation
Here's how to upgrade your existing installation to beta 14.
Important Note: beta 14 includes several major, irreversible database migrations, so we STRONGLY encourage you to back up before you begin. Also, those of you with a large database should use the command line upgrade tool.
Beta 14 represents 40 commits by 10 authors (four first-timers!) and contains a total of 6,720 passing tests, up over 850 (!) from beta 13. We've also added about 3,000 words of application documentation since beta 13.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, whether it was in the form of new application code, testing, documentation, on the mailing list, in the wiki, issue tracker, in IRC or on the podcast -- especially Mark W, Amy, Randi, and Sam. Congratulations to Rick, Robert, Lia, and Jason for getting their first patches accepted into ThinkUp! Also welcome back to Henri, who had his second patch accepted into ThinkUp (his first was August 2010).
Let us know if you have any problems with the upgrade to beta 14 on the discussion list.
All goes well, the next ThinkUp release will be version 1.0 Release Candidate 1. Almost there!